26 07 2009


This is not a Joke!


This is a  Warning for all parents / grandparents

Yesterday, my youngest daughter, Halle who is just 4 years old, was rushed to the ER

By her father for being severely lethargic and incoherent in her classroom.
He was called to her school by the school secretary who said that she was ‘very, very sick’!!

 He told me that when he arrived at her classroom, Halle was barely sitting in the chair.
She couldn’t hold her own head up and when he looked into her eyes, she
Couldn’t focus them.

He immediately scooped her up and rushed her to the closest ER, and then

Called me. When he got there, they ran blood test after blood test and did x-rays,
Every test imaginable. Her white blood cell count was normal, nothing was
Out of the ordinary. When I arrived at the ER, the doctor there told us that he

Had done everything that he could do so he was transferring her to Saint Francis

Hospital for further tests.

Right as we were leaving in the ambulance, her teacher arrived at the ER and

Told us that after questioning Halle ‘S classmates, She had found out that our little

Girl had licked liquid hand sanitizer off of her hands !!!

Hand sanitizer, of all things.  But it makes sense. These days they have all kinds

Of different scents and flavors and when you have a curious child, they are going

To put all kinds of things into their mouths.

When we arrived at the Saint Francis’ Hospital ER, we told the ER Doctor there to

Check her blood alcohol level, and yes we did get weird looks, but they did it.

The results showed her blood alcohol level was 85% —  six hours after we first

Took her. There’s no telling what it would have been if we would have requested

It at the first ER.    

Since then, her school and a few surrounding schools have taken the liquid hand

Sanitizers out of all the lower grade classes, but what’s to stop middle and high

Scholars from ingesting this stuff?

After doing research on the Internet, we found out that it only takes about

3 squirts of the stuff ingested to be fatal to a toddler.

For her blood alcohol level to be so high, it would be like someone her size 

Drinking120 proof liquor. So  PLEASE  PLEASE  don’t disregard this because

We don’t ever want another family to go through what ours has gone through.  










Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: